The conditions below apply to your use of this website. You should read this important information carefully before continuing your visit to this website.
You are visiting a website belonging to Smart Aviation BVBA (hereinafter: ‘Smart Aviation’), a company under Belgian law, with its registered office at Brussels National Airport PB18, 1930 ZAVENTEM, and company registration number 666.392.473.
Smart Aviation will treat all the personal information with which you entrust us with the greatest of care. Smart Aviation attaches great importance to the confidence you place in our business by visiting this website.
Smart Aviation is the party responsible for processing the personal data obtained through this website.
Smart Aviation processes your personal data in accordance with the legal conditions in force and the conditions applicable to direct marketing in Book XII of the Economic Code and the obligations resulting from Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (hereinafter: the ‘GDPR’).
2.1 Personal data
The following types of personal data are processed:
- When placing an order: your name, date of birth, nationality, address details, passport details, e-mail address, telephone number and flight details;
- While you are using the website: your IP address, surfing behaviour and the search terms you enter;
The personal data obtained through this website will be used exclusively for the following purposes:
- Customer management: administration of our customer base, order management, deliveries and invoicing, on the legal grounds of your need for the contract to be fulfilled and your express consent;
- To inform you about products or services offered by Smart Aviation, for direct marketing and advertising, on the legal grounds of your explicit prior consent;
- To investigate the way in which this website is used and to obtain information that enables us to optimize this website and adjust its content so that it meets your specific needs better and to make improvements to products and services (e.g. your browser type or IP address, the operating system you use or the domain name of the website from which you accessed the smart-aviation.be website, or which you go to when leaving it), on the legal grounds of legitimate interest;
- Cookies: For functional purposes: to facilitate navigation and logging into this website or to remember personal settings and/or preferences for using this website, on the legal grounds of your explicit prior consent. For analytical purposes: Smart Aviation uses Google Analytics to analyse the use of this website. For social purposes: to enable users of this website to see information that is relevant to them on this website.
You are not obliged to provide your personal details, but you must understand that providing certain of our services is impossible if you do not consent to the processing of these details.
2.3 Passing on information to third parties
Smart Aviation will not transfer your personal information to third parties without your prior written consent, unless Smart Aviation is obliged to do so by the applicable regulations or unless this is necessary to complete an order placed on this website.
- Duration of processing
Smart Aviation processes your data for a period that is necessary, depending on the purposes of this processing.
- Your rights
Right to access
You can receive one copy of the personal data processed by Smart Aviation free of charge.
Right to rectification
If you believe that your personal data is incorrect, incomplete or no longer up-to-date, you have the right to request a rectification.
Right to withdraw consent and to have personal data erased
You have the right to withdraw your consent (insofar as this constitutes the legal grounds for processing the data) without this detracting from the legitimacy of the processing on the basis of consent before it was withdrawn.
You have the right to request the erasure of your personal data within the limits of the conditions of Article 17 of the GDPR.
Right to restriction of processing
You have the right to request the restriction of your personal data within the limits of the conditions of Article 18 of the GDPR.
Right of objection to processing
If you have serious and legitimate interests, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data on the legal grounds of ‘the necessity to fulfil a task in the public interest’ or ‘legitimate interests pursued by Smart Aviation or a third party’, including profiling on the basis of those provisions.
Right to data portability
You have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit this data to other parties within the limits of the conditions of Article 20 of the GDPR.
Right to file a complaint
You have the right to file a complaint to the Commission for the Protection of Privacy, Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussels.
Exercising your rights
You can send your request to exercise your rights to Smart Aviation by post at the following address: Brussels National Airport PB18, 1930 ZAVENTEM, or by e-mail to email@example.com, on the condition that you enclose a copy of your identity card.
- Automated decision-making
Smart Aviation will not make use of automated decision-making and/or profiling when processing your personal data.
2.7 Protection of personal data
There is no such thing as a completely safe system (resistant to hackers etc.) when it comes to the provision of personal data (by telephone or over the internet). However, Smart Aviation makes all reasonable effort to prevent unauthorised access to / inappropriate use of / disclosure of your personal data and to minimize the associated risks.
Smart Aviation uses the following cookies:
These cookies are vital in order to be able to visit the website and use certain parts of it. For example, these cookies enable you to navigate between the different parts of the website or fill in forms. Likewise, when you want to log into your personal account on this website, these cookies are necessary to check your identity securely before we grant access to your personal data. If you refuse these cookies, certain parts of the website will not work or not do so optimally.
The functional cookies are the cookies that make it easier and more pleasant for the visitor to use our websites and ensure that you have a more personalised surfing experience. For example, these are cookies that remember certain preferences you have.
We use performance cookies to collect information about how users make use of our website, with the intention of improving the content of our website, adapting it better to visitors’ wishes and increasing ease of use of our website.
Third party cookies
Third party cookies are cookies that do not come from our website itself but from third parties. For example, these include cookies installed by Google Analytics.
This website may contain media files from third-party websites such as youtube.com. When playing these media files, cookies may be installed by these third parties. Furthermore, this website offers the option to share certain information on social networks such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Google+. If this function is used, these social networks may install cookies on your computer to track what information is shared.
Consent and management of your cookies
You can also remove the cookies that have been installed on your computer or mobile device at any time.